Sunday, May 31, 2009

Christian is 2!!

There is a story behind this cake....First of all, I was completely ready to make an actual cake that looked like Lightening McQueen and also make cupcakes using Cars cupcake holders. Had everything ready, and then all of a sudden time started creeping up on me. You know how all of a sudden you get that sick gut feeling that you aren't going to have time to do everything you wanted? Well I got that feeling....Thanks Price Chopper for the cake. Funny thing about the car on top. Since we literally have @ 15 Lightening McQueen's, I grabbed the newest looking one, sanatized it and stuck in right on the cake. Christian saw me do it, and he threw a fit!! Apparently, Lightening doesn't belong on cakes, he belongs on roads! So I finally got him to stay on the cake after several attempts and several sanatizes! I think by the time Christian had like 5 other McQueens in his hand, he didn't care about the one on his cake!


Just a little more sprinkles will do the trick!! Christian loves sprinkles!! Wait until I download the picture I took this weekend of his hotdog!! It is really funny...err...gross??? You can decide, but he ate it. More details later...
He loved opening presents!
This present was a "hit" It only took 2 times of hitting the ball/tee right on top, until he figure out to hit it from the side. A baseball player in the making, daddy is so proud!! He loves this gift, in fact I still have it inside b/c he plays with it so much.
Uncle Nanny (Nathan) and Aunt Shirley (Ashley) came up for the weekend. Christian's BD happened to fall on Memorial Weekend so they got to spend the whole weekend with us!! We call Ashley, "Aunt Ashley", but the night they came (arrived @ 10:pm) Chase was either really tired or really excited, actually a combination of both, so he piped out, "When is Uncle Nanny and Aunt Shirley coming???" I thought it was Hilarious!! Too bad Aunt Ashley already has the cute nickname, "Shugee" or else she would have the cute name, "Aunt Shirley"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! We found each other! The pics are *fantastic* It's so great to connect up again. We'll be haunting your blog regularly now. :)

Jason & Jaime

Natalie said...

He is such a little cutie! He did so well in nursery yesterday, cried for maybe 20 seconds. He loved snack time and I think I saw him crack a smile...

Ashley Seil Smith said...

hahaah. Chase is so cute that he can call me whatever the heck he wants!