Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dog Sitting

Let me begin by telling you that my two boys are deathly afraid of dogs, especially Chase. They have never been attacked to my knowledge (and I know everything), they are just scared. So when I was asked to dog sit for 9 days, needless to say, Chase and DADDY were not happy with me accepting. Daddy isn't afraid, he just doesn't want our house smelling like dog.
So, after the first night of Christian crying for hours (this is going to be a long 9 days....) he decided that Gabe isn't so bad after all. He also discovered that Gabe really likes carrots.
Best buds!
Hugs!! Gabe is a very patient dog, although, my children were very gentle with him. We told the kids this was their test. If they helped walk the dog, pick up poop, play with the dog, then we would get one. Well they surpassed all of our expectations!! Kami even picked up poop, and Chase took him for a walk to go poop!! Chase has made it very clear that we are now allowed to get a dog only if it is like Gabe. Gabe is @ 12 years old, he has pretty bad arthritis and is an epileptic dog. He is very very calm and non threatening!! Anyway, so when the owners came to get the dog, we were all crying. It is amazing how quicky one gets attached.




2 comments:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

So now you definitely have to get a dog!

Yeehaw said...

My dalmatian died 2 Christmas' ago & I still can't bring myself to getting another... it was like losing a child & I'm not ready for that again... yes, it's easy to get attached!